Human Physiology Seeking Peer Advisors for 2018/2019
Want to become a Human Physiology Peer Advisor?
Peer advisors are a vital component of the HPHY department’s advising team. Not only are HPHY peer advisors familiar with major and general education requirements, they are also trained to assist students with:
- Interpreting their degree guide
- Helping with schedule planning
- Developing graduation plans
Peer advisors offer a perspective that professional advising staff cannot. From experiences with various professors to balancing academic stressors and navigating UO systems, peer advisors are on the front-lines and have valuable viewpoints to share.
- Analyze degree guides and inform students of the progress towards graduation
- Develop well-balanced, accurate academic schedules
- Generate graduation plans that take into account students’ individual circumstances
- Schedule advising appointments
- Work successfully in a team environment
- Participate in other projects as determined by the team
Peer Advising Applications are due Feb. 12, 2018