Deadline is February 1 by 4pm for all scholarship applications. Due dates that fall on weekends will be extended to the following Monday.
To be considered, all applicants are required to submit the application form, professional resume or curriculum vitae, and transcripts as attachments in one email to: email@example.com. Confidential letters of recommendation should be sent directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org by the reference provider. Please see application form for required materials and further instructions.
Department awards vary from year to year but are generally $1000 – $2000.
Multiple awards are possible.
Undergraduate Scholarships administered by the department
Only one application form and the required materials are necessary to apply. Applicants will be considered for the following scholarships as available:
- Sue Grigsby Scholarship
- Ursula (Sue) Moshberger Scholarship
- Shapiro Family Scholarship
- William and Genera Fieldman Scholarship
To be eligible for HPHY Undergraduate Scholarships, the applicants must meet the following MINIMUM criteria:
- Currently pursuing a degree in Human Physiology at the University of Oregon.
- Demonstrated high academic standards with a cumulative GPA ≥ 3.0.
- Demonstrated knowledge of & appreciation for the breadth of the content in the discipline of human
physiology (≥B in HPHY & ANAT courses).
- Desire to serve the profession and an intention to pursue a career in physiology or allied
health/medical science as evidenced in your personal statement.
- Demonstrated good citizenship, ethics & personal integrity as evidenced in your personal statement.
- Sophomore, Junior or Senior status (only Sophomores & Juniors are eligible for Grigsby Scholarship).
- Attended the University of Oregon for ≥1 year (≥45 quarter credits) prior to receiving funds.
Additional Scholarship opportunities administered by the University of Oregon
Students receiving the scholarship may apply for renewal of the scholarship in subsequent years but must
reapply and resubmit all of the above documentation.