Human Physiology Graduate Scholarship requirements
To be eligible for HPHY Scholarships, the applicants must meet the following MINIMUM criteria:
- Currently pursuing a Master’s or Doctoral degree in Human Physiology at the University of Oregon. Demonstrated high academic standards with a cumulative GPA ≥ 3.5.
- Demonstrated leadership, teaching and/or research skills as explained in your personal statement and letter of recommendation.
- Demonstrated need of funds to support research, professional travel and/or offset financial burdens as explained in your personal statement.
- Attended the University of Oregon for ≥1 year (≥ 27 quarter credits) prior to receiving funds (applicants in their first year may apply, but will not receive funds until June).
Applicants must submit the following to the Human Physiology Office
- Completed application, available on-line Scholarship application (opens PDF)
- Copy of transcript of all graduate work.
- Professional résumé or Curriculum vitae.
- A typed Personal Statement of no more than 500 words describing:
- internships, teaching and/or research activities participated in as a graduate student in the Department of Human Physiology
- proposed use of scholarship
- Letter of recommendation from HPHY faculty describing the applicant’s academic ability.
One copy of ALL application materials.
Graduate students completing this application will be considered for the following scholarships as
- Jan Broekhoff Graduate Scholarship
- Ursula (Sue) Moshberger Scholarship
- Shapiro Family Scholarship
- William and Genera Fieldman Scholarship
Students receiving the scholarship may apply for renewal of the scholarship in subsequent years but must
reapply and resubmit all of the above documentation.