REMOTE OPERATIONS FOR COVID-19
In order to reduce the risk of exposure to students, staff, and faculty, and in response to the emergent COVID-19 situation, the Human Physiology Office will be closed beginning March 17 for the coming weeks. Updates about university closures can be found at uoregon.edu.
During this period, the office will provide service remotely. Email and phone messages will be checked regularly throughout the business day.
Thank you for your flexibility and understanding.
John Halliwill, PhD, Department Head
Anni Elling, Department Manager
To reduce in-person contact due to COVID-19 and to be able to reach every student that might be attending classes remotely, all advising services will be offered remotely, including appointments and drop-in advising.
Tykeson Advising appointments. Tykeson advisors are providing remote advising sessions during spring term.
- To schedule a remote advising appointment with Tykeson, log in with your duck ID at http://uo.campus.eab.com.
- You can also access Tykeson drop-in advising (Mon-Fri 10-3) or live chat with the Intake and Operations Team (Mon-Fri 9-5) at http://advising.uoregon.edu/tykeson.
Human Physiology Advising appointments. Human Physiology advising appointments will be done remotely through video conferencing with Microsoft Teams or phone calls. All appointment bookings will provide you with a link to join an audio/video meeting, or you can indicate your preference for a phone call appointment. All students have a UO Teams account and can utilize Teams for communicating with students and faculty (login with your uoregon email and password).
- You can contact the Human Physiology advisors by email at email@example.com.
- To schedule an appointment with a HPHY advisor visit the Human Physiology appointment booking page.
- Drop-in advising with the HPHY peer advisors will be available through Teams. You can chat or call them in Teams (Mon-Fri 10-3) by contacting Human Physiology Peers (hphypeer).
Interim changes in grading options in effect
The Department of Human Physiology recognizes the challenge and stress added to our students by the shift to remote learning. We want to ensure these additional challenges do not delay progress towards an undergraduate degree. For winter term 2020 and spring term 2020, the department has waived the requirement that all courses used to satisfy the major must be taken for a letter grade or completed with a grade of C or better. This change in grading options will apply to winter and spring terms only.
Please see the announcement from the Office of the Provost for additional information related to this: https://provost.uoregon.edu/changes-grading-options-undergraduate-courses
Please use the following contact information for specific questions
- For questions about Winter 2020 final exams and Spring 2020 courses, please contact your instructor: physiology.uoregon.edu/profile/faculty
- For University mental health support resources, please visit the Counseling Center website (counseling.uoregon.edu/crisis-support) or call the health center crisis hot line 541.346.3227
- For undergraduate program inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 541.346.4107
- For graduate program inquiries, please email Srithip Prime / email@example.com or Mike Hahn / firstname.lastname@example.org
- For grant-related inquiries, please email CASgrants@uoregon.edu
- For any of the following, please email email@example.com or call 541.346.4107
- Department of Human Physiology operations-related inquiries
- personnel-related inquiries
- accounting/payroll-related inquiries
- budget-related inquiries
- Routine campus mail and USPS mail and packages can be delivered to 181B Esslinger
- For other packages or deliveries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 541.346.4107 to coordinate.