HPHY Scholarships – Deadline for Human Physiology Department Scholarships is February 1. Due dates that fall on weekends will be extended to the following Monday. Please turn in to Human Physiology office. Department awards vary from year to year but are generally $1000 – $2000. Multiple awards are possible.
Scholarships administered by the Human Physiology department:
To be eligible for HPHY Scholarships, the applicants must meet the following MINIMUM criteria:
- Currently pursuing a Master’s or Doctoral degree in Human Physiology at the University of Oregon. Demonstrated high academic standards with a cumulative GPA ≥ 3.5.
- Demonstrated leadership, teaching and/or research skills as explained in your personal statement and letter of recommendation.
- Demonstrated need of funds to support research, professional travel and/or offset financial burdens as explained in your personal statement.
- Attended the University of Oregon for ≥1 year (≥ 27 quarter credits) prior to receiving funds (applicants in their first year may apply, but will not receive funds until June).
Applicants must submit the following to the Human Physiology Office
- Completed application, available on-line Scholarship application (opens PDF)
- Copy of transcript of all graduate work.
- Professional résumé or Curriculum vitae.
- A typed Personal Statement of no more than 500 words describing:
- internships, teaching and/or research activities participated in as a graduate student in the Department of Human Physiology
- proposed use of scholarship
- Letter of recommendation from HPHY faculty describing the applicant’s academic ability.
Students receiving the scholarship may apply for renewal of the scholarship in subsequent years but must
reapply and resubmit all of the above documentation.
Additional Scholarship opportunities (Deadlines may vary, check the links for details):
Administered by the University of Oregon
NOTE: Please also see the Graduate School’s website for extensive resources for searching for funding and awards: http://gradschool.uoregon.edu/funding-awards.